Dryer and Washer Repair Winnipeg
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or just need a quick repair, we offer fast service.
Need a Fast Washer and Dryer Repair Service in Winnipeg?
Did your dryer quit heating or washer quit spinning? We provide commercial washer and dryer repair services as well as residential. We can handle all of your appliance repair needs whether your washer or dryer is stackable, front load, top load as well as most of the major brands.
Here are some common issues that you may come across. You may be able to deal with them on your own if they are simple, but in certain cases it may be best to leave it to the professionals.
Washer Or Dryer Isn’t Turning On
- In a number of cases, the problem may be as simple as the washer or dryer not getting power, which can be due to a tripped circuit breaker, faulty outlet or mechanical knobs/timers having stopped working.
- If the machine has seen consistent, heavy usage, its motor may overheat and stop working for some moments. If, after letting it cool down, it is again unable to turn on, you should contact a professional to get it fixed.
- A more severe issue, e.g. a faulty thermostat/thermal fuse, may also have occurred, in which case you’ll have to get professional help.
Dryer or Washing Machine Won’t Tumble or Spin
- The most frequent culprit here is a loose or broken belt. If the belt is responsible, you’ll be able to hear the motor running, in spite of the fact that the machine’s drum is stationary. A worn, lose or snapped belt needs to be replaced.
- If the door isn’t closing properly or its switch isn’t functioning, the machine will not be able to spin.
- More serious issues may be present e.g. with the washer’s clutch or transmission, or with the dryer’s pulley, drum rollers or glides.
Dryer Generates Little to No Heat
- If the dryer isn’t getting sufficient air, it will produce negligible heat, which is why adequate airflow is essential.
- If your settings (temperature, amount of time, type of fabric, etc.) don’t match the type of clothes/fabrics you’re putting in the dryer, it will not be effective. Also try not to put too many clothes in it at once.
- A faulty heating element, thermal fuse or igniter can prevent the dryer from producing heat, and will have to be fixed by a professional. A heating element may burn or break down, the thermal fuse may blow, or the ignitor may break or accumulate yellowish/white deposits which hinder its functioning.
Our dryer repair service is the best in Winnipeg.
Washer Doesn’t Drain
- Lint filters and kinks on the hose are usually responsible, as well as the hose not resting higher than the water level in the tub.
- A faulty water pump may also be responsible. Removing and replacing it will require an experienced professional.
Whether it is the agitator, pump, washer timer, lid switch, or something more drastic, our washer repair service is the only business in Winnipeg you’ll need to call.
Washer Is Leaking
- Bad gaskets or seals can result in the washer leaking water. There is a main seal present in the tub which can start to leak after heavy usage. A faulty main seal normally requires a professional to replace.
- A front load washer develops leaks due to the door’s seal. If it keeps on leaking after a thorough cleaning, get the gasket replaced to make sure that the seal is proper and tight when you close the door.
- A water pump whose seal has become damaged will leak water and will require fixing.
Obviously, some of the simple issues can be fixed with your own DIY homeowner skills, but don’t skimp on professional assistance where needed, since it may lead to a bigger loss than what you might have saved.
Dryer and Washing Machine Brands We Service:
- General Electric
- Jenn Air
- Inglis and more