Refrigerator Repair Winnipeg
Need a Local Refrigerator Repair Service in Winnipeg?
We can provide all of your fridge repair service needs. We service:
- Home Refrigerators
- Commercial Refrigerators
- Walk in Refrigerators
- Propane and Gas Fridges
- Fridge Freezers
- Mini Fridges
- Wine Coolers
- RV and Camper Fridges
whether it is compressor repair, dent removal, seal and gasket repairs, ice makers or any other issues, the Appliance Repair Pros have it covered. We also cover most major brands.
Here are some common maintenance tips to help you get the most out of your refrigerator. Not only for energy efficiency, but also to prevent wear and general tips to make your appliances last.
Simple Tips For Maintaining Your Refrigerator’s Efficiency
Refrigerators can consume as much as 4% of a household’s electricity every month, according to statistics from the US Energy Department. You can bring this amount down by following the simple maintenance steps mentioned below. Not only will this improve the efficiency of your refrigerator, it will also increase its lifetime by reducing wear and tear of critical components. That way you don’t have to give your local appliance repair company a call as often.
- Wash the seals on the doors of the refrigerator with a cloth or sponge soaked in warm, soapy water. Clean off dust, dirt, food and other debris; the presence of these items can prevent the seal from closing properly, which leads to the leakage of cold air from your fridge. This makes the refrigerator work harder to replenish the lost air, which uses additional energy. Take care of any seals you find broken – if you aren’t able to replace them on your own, seek the assistance of a professional repairman.
- Measure the gap between the cabinets, surrounding walls and counters, and the refrigerator. There has to be a 2 inch gap between the fridge and its surroundings – this includes the back and sides. This gap lets the heat from the coils and compressors to escape. Without this clearance, the refrigerator would have trouble cooling its interior leading to breakdown or overheat. In the event that your fridge has trouble cooling, the compressor and coils should be checked immediately.
- Test the freezer and refrigerator temperature efficiency. Put an appliance thermometer inside a cup of water and place it inside your fridge; a sufficient amount of water needs to be present in the cup to get an accurate reading of temperature. Let the cup and thermometer remain inside the fridge for 24 hours before checking its reading. For measuring the temperature of the freezer, place the thermometer between packages of food, and check for a reading after 24 hours.
- Keep the food inside the refrigerator covered to keep the moisture from overstressing the compressor. Ensure that liquids are lid-covered and that packages are closed properly.
- If your fridge is older than 15 years, replace it. The more modern units consume less energy as a result of technological advances, as per the findings of Energy Star. You may experience as much as 40 percent energy savings by replacing a fridge from 1990-2001, with a modern unit.
- Defrosting the fridge will bolster its energy efficiency. If a layer of frost thicker than a quarter inch develops, it can hamper your refrigerator’s efficiency.
Here are some extra tips for keeping your refrigerator in good shape:
- Keep the refrigerator shielded from sources of heat such as the dishwasher, the stove, heat vents and direct sunlight. By doing so, you will lower the compressor usage considerably.
- Before you put in leftovers in the fridge, let them cool to room temperature or tightly cover them before you put them in the fridge. This will lower the amount of heat inside the appliance, which means less work for the compressor.
- Even though it may go against intuition, keeping your refrigerator’s temperature between 36 and 38 Fahrenheit degrees, and your freezer’s temperature between 0 and 5 Fahrenheit degrees, will enhance efficiency.
Refrigerator Brands We Service:
- General Electric
- Jenn Air
- Admiral and more
Best Fridge Repair Company in Winnipeg
We’ll book around your schedule. Call now.